EASY HOME REMEDIES
Drug store aisles are chock full of products that claim to give you remedies for dry skin, but the truth of the matter is that it is next to impossible to eradicate the problems of skin dryness without adopting a multi-pronged strategy. It includes what you eat, how you protect your skin and a few other related factors.
Here are 6 ways to take care of dry skin in a wholesome manner:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a great source of collagen strengthening Lycopene. Tomatoes consumed in any form, especially cooked tomatoes, are what you need to fend off skin dryness.
- Carrots: are a natural skin hydrating food. Beta-carotene and Vitamin A in carrots make it an excellent anti-wrinkle food choice if you want to put a stop to acne and add sheen to your skin.
- Beetroot: Beat the skin dryness with Beetroot. Beetroot is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Eating it raw or boiled will help give your face a healthy glow. Also, a glass of beetroot juice is an excellent anti-wrinkle remedy can help flush out the toxins from your body, leaving you with a healthy glowing skin.
- Keep your skin rehydrated with healthy drinks. Another common reason for tired and dull looking dry skin can be dehydration. So, to complement the food you eat, take plenty of liquids if you want to get healthy glowing skin. Some options include: a) Adding sliced citrus fruits like oranges and limes (with rinds), cucumbers and mint leaves to water and drink up. b) Green tea contains antioxidant that are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti cancer properties.
- Shea Butter is an ultimate skin dryness remedy. Shea Butter has such a large moisturizing fraction that regular use of this natural cream can treat (apart from normal dry skin) many skin problems to include blemishes, wrinkles, itching, sunburns, eczema, skin allergies, and other skin conditions.
- Covering your skin to fend off harmful UV. Ultraviolet radiation and long exposure to sun is a sure way to dry skin. It is important to cover your skin with proper clothing. Never expose your skin for too long to harsh sunlight to avoid skin dryness. If you have to, best way to avoid dry skin is to use good quality sun blocks and skin moisturizers.